If you’re throwing a boho-themed baby shower, this post is for you…
Scrolling through Pinterest and Instagram is great for boho baby shower inspiration…
But, unless you’re planning to hire a party planner ($$$$$), it’s up to you to scout out all those cool decorations for yourself.
I’ve done this for you 🙂
Inspo from @gabysballoons_
In this post you’ll find two things:
The best inspiration photos from Instagram
(This should save you endless scrolling!)
Amazon links for everything you need to throw a gorgeous shower
I’ve curated the best boho party decor I could find and read all the reviews to make sure you’re getting high-quality stuff for reasonable prices.
Grab a few things from this list, and voila, you’ve got the makings of a gorgeous boho baby shower!
There may be affiliate links in this post. Read this disclosure policy to learn more.
PIN FOR LATER
Boho baby shower table decor
Inspo from @kenziesevents
An instagrammable lunch or dinner table isn’t complete without things like woven plate chargers, rustic napkin rings, and a table runner (or table cloth).
Don’t forget vases filled with flowers, greenery, or pampas grass (which is the ultimate boho favorite).
Here’s what you need for a perfectly boho tablescape…
Here are the top-rated ones for the best prices:
- woven water hyacinth mats
- macrame round mats in off-white
- rustic brown kraft doilies (budget-friendly 💰😁)
Inspo from @thehiphoorayco
Pampas grass looks great on the table or interspersed throughout a balloon garland.
Inspo from @beach_andboho
The only problem is that it’s a gamble to order real pampas grass online, as it commonly arrives broken.
Here are your best options for real and faux pampas grass.
- large 43″ faux pampas grass | These have full branches and best of all, they don’t shed like real pampas. The reviews for these are excellent (unlike so many others!).
- small 15″ real dried pampas grass | Perfect for making lots of smaller bouquets, these are super budget-friendly at only 13 cents a branch (at the time of posting). With almost 8,000 reviews, you’re in good hands with this choice!
Tip: Put them in a vase in your entryway after the baby shower’s over!
Here’s a cool way to add pampas grass to a boho balloon arch:
Inspo from @balloonbar_miami
vases with flowers
Boho baby shower photo backdrops and wall decor
Here’s my advice if you’re on a budget:
Instead of a “watered down” boho-themed shower where decorations are spread far apart, have 1 or 2 spectacular spots for photos.
These spots might include:
- A gift table or gift opening station
- The lunch/dinner table
- A designated backdrop for photos
In whichever spot(s) you choose, DO IT UP! Make it something eye-catching and special.
Don’t buy lots of little decorations and spread them out over a huge venue.
They’ll get swallowed up by the big space and won’t get the glory they deserve.
Here are a few amazing backdrops for a boho baby shower…
These can easily transition into home decor (maybe for the nursery?) after the baby shower!
Here are the top-rated ones for the best prices:
- macrame tapestry | This is the #1 most purchased product in this whole post. The quality is amazing. If you can snag it for less than $30, it’s a steal.
- earth-toned rainbow wall hanging | This gorgeous 4.5-foot wall hanging has almost entirely 5-star reviews. It’s made of high-grade cotton utility fabric.
Boho decorations with big impact
Inspo from @bizziebeecreations
These beautiful bohemian elements will give your baby shower a little something extra!
- Boho dream catchers | These are sooooooooo pretty. I would get as many as you can squeeze into your budget and hang them around the table or from the teepee.
- Paper flowers in boho colors | These super fluffy (and giant) paper flowers are a show-stopper. They definitely require a little time and patience, but the result is GORGEOUS. Use them as table decor or hang them overhead.
- Transparent balloon boxes | You can put whatever color balloons you want inside! Or, for a twist, fill them with faux greenery, tissue paper, or toys! P.S. Reviewers recommend using double-sided tape! (It’s not expensive; get this one!)
- Lace and cotton teepee | Such a cute place to put all the presents!
- Cafe lights | Easily create a magical atmosphere by hanging these overhead.
Inspo from @picnicsinthecity
Boho baby shower balloons
If the majestic balloon garlands you’re seeing on Pinterest and Instagram look intimidating, I’ve got good news for you:
They’re SUPER easy (and cheap) to make.
Depending on your pace, you could probably assemble the entire balloon garland in 1 to 2 hours. Maybe faster!
Inspo from @thesocialset_up
Garlands are an excellent bang for your buck (as long as you have a little patience) since they’re so impressive and large.
TIP: Don’t forget to buy an electric balloon inflator to make this SO much faster and easier. This project would be torturous without one.
Here are the best kits I’ve found:
Sage, white, and gold garland kit
- Garland kit | These sage, white, and gold balloons are seriously S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G!! And the kit comes with everything you need!
- Add on kit | Reviewers of the sage kit above recommend grabbing a second kit for extra fullness. This one pairs perfectly.
- Faux eucalyptus leaves | These will complete the (incredible) look of the stock photo!
All you need to have handy is string or hooks to secure the garland to the wall.
P.S. I’m reminding you again about the electric balloon inflator! It’s crucial and worth every penny.
Boho baby shower partyware
Whether you’re planning a formal sit-down meal or a casual buffet, you’re going to need plates, napkins, cutlery, and cups.
Here’s some trendy (and well-rated) boho baby shower partyware.
- Metallic rose gold plates | Simple and stunning.
- Floral plates rimmed with gold foil | Grab the matching napkins too (they’re even prettier than the plates)!
- Sage green with baby woodland animals
Don’t feel like your napkins have to “match” your plates and cups. Sometimes it’s fun to mix it up, as long as you stay within your boho theme.
- White and rose gold | For less than a dollar per guest, this is the perfect elegant touch!
- Gold + wood grain | These look similar to the gorgeous ones above but in different colors!
- Metallic gold cups | Perfect for both hot and cold drinks!
Next, let’s round out your decorations with some fabulous boho accents!
Inspo from @_wishdustballoons
Other easy boho baby shower decor you might like:
- Rustic burlap “baby shower” banner
- Woodland boho cupcake wrappers & toppers
- Elegant cactus toothpicks
- Mini succulent candles (great party favors)
I’d love to see what you put together! Send over a picture of your boho baby shower for me to swoon over! [email protected]
Share this post with a friend or family member!
Articles related to expecting a new baby
Do you have a toddler between 1 and 4 years old?
Email yourself this seriously great list of toddler stocking stuffer ideas to save for Christmas 2024.